Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sounded Like a Good Idea at the Time




I already have a blog. It's on myspace. Would you even call that a blog? Maybe not... especially since I haven't posted anything in the past 4 months. So, I'll just move the handful of entries from there to here. I'm rescuing them from the god-awful horror that myspace has become. They'll thank me for that.

So, I don't know what possessed me to start this "random babbling" back up again. I've been on a break from pretty much anything creative. Pretty much the entire summer. Pretty much because I've been side-tracked by the beginnings of a relationship. It takes up a lot of time! Not in a bad way of course... just in the way that I don't really have as much time to do the things I usually do when I am by myself. Because I'm not by myself very often. The difference now, however, is that I can feel a difference. When I'm alone now, I get bored much easier. Usually, I'll end up at my parents' house or out with a friend. I enjoy having him around. We know how to have fun together, and how to relax together. We motivate each other. But more on that later...



I recently went on a couple of road trips. Dallas for 2 days and St. Louis for 4. Dallas was amazing. We mostly chilled at The W and enjoyed our bad ass hotel room, ate 3 times in the restaurant, and entertained the cocktail waitresses at the hotel bar. Oh, and Texas de Brazil was even better than I expected. I could've just had the buffet and would've been totally satisfied. You will RARELY EVER hear me say that about a buffet. 




The next weekend, I skipped out on ACL to go to STL. I sold my tickets because Lilly Allen, Beastie Boys and Sonic Youth all bailed. I was pissed! So, why not journey on a 13-hour car ride to Missouri? Sounded like a good idea at the the time! It was BY FAR, totally worth the endless hours of driving. I got to see my Stephie! She was a great hostess, of course. We went to The Loop for some shopping, the beautiful Forrest Park for lunch, Taste of St. Louis, and Creepy World... the biggest haunted house in the USA. It seriously lasted an hour. At first I was scared out of my mind. That actually shocked me. I really thought I could handle it. But, after the 5th dude with a chainsaw chased me, I got pretty used to it. The weather was fantastic the whole time... then we got back to Houston at 10pm, and it was 85 and 100% humidity. 

Dammit Houston, it's October. Come on! 

MEL

1 comment:

  1. you'd say the same thing about a vegas buffet. mmm mmm good. one day, all our sucky selves will go there together after we all get OVER IT. lol. :-)

    ReplyDelete